Monday, September 29, 2008

Whatcha Gonna Do About It? That's What I'd Like To Know

I have developed a few plans. Kinda interconnected.

First, I have developed two of a set of twelve major scale exercises for violin in Finale Notepad (which I use enough to warrant a link in the sidebar). This helps me figure out what notes go where when reading music.

Scales Exercise - C Major
Scales Exercise - D Major

Getting into my head, that's one thing. Much more important is getting it in my ears and into my hands.

Scales Exercise - C Major (MIDI)
Scales Exercise - D Major (MIDI)

Eventually, there will have to be twelve of these, and I'll have to make a playlist going through these in the circle of fifths (and reversed, in the circle of fourths), to get these into the head enough to build from there. As that otherwise fairly meh movie goes, "Fundamentals are the building blocks of fun".

Enough of this and I can stop saying I'm a fiddle owner and start saying I'm a fiddle player.

No comments: