Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Strapped

Meet Johnny Depp.

I can't have that hair. I couldn't grow a goatee to save my life. I can't have a blackguard Tele. I suppose I can have the slightly post-grunge wardrobe, but on me, it'd look more like Tad than Depp. But I could have that strap. Which was one of my goals for going to Gearfest.

But, as I said in the post, they kinda accidentally sold that one out from under me. Which was OK, because the guy in the warehouse gave me this strap. Depp is 5'9" and skinny. I am 6'3" and rotund. The strap rides a little shorter than I would like, but I am happy enough with it. (And I am aware that the Planet Waves is about $10 more expensive, but I'm not going to make a big deal about that.)

But I got an email from Sweetwater. It says that they have sent me a Fender vintage-style strap.

Um...

It would be so easy for me to just be quiet and say "Free strap!" But that would be Wrong.

When I have the strap, when I'm sure it's not just a phantom weirdness, I will email Sweetwater and say "I have a strap."

Which should be this evening, by their tracking page.

ETA: I have emailed them. They are pondering. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: