I might be able to make it before bedtime tonight, and I hope to make it tomorrow, so I threw some long songs on my Zen Stone, including
- Every song over 10 minutes on ABB's The Fillmore Concerts
- the 20-minute "(We Workers Do Not Understand) Modern Art" by Camper Van Beethoven
- "It's Natural To Be Afraid", a 13-minute track by Explosions In The Sky
- Seven minutes of Kraftwerk's "Computer Love"
- Tubular Bells
- Seventeen minutes of Velvet Underground's "Sister Ray"
There is a context to music, and I've noticed that CDs containing some of my favorite music don't work on long trips, because it's sequenced for archival reasons, not for flow reasons. And a CD worth of Fidl might be too much solo klezmer fiddle for one sitting. I couldn't imagine it helping me walk or lift weights, either.
So, what are some of your favorite blood-pumping exercise songs?