Monday, May 25, 2009

There Was A Time When I'd Be All Over This



In 1977, Neil Young released Decade, meant to cover his work from 1966 to 1976. He's about to release the above collection. That's set to be 1963-1972. This leads to two observations. The first, he's stopping just before the death of Danny Whitten. The second, Neil has 10 discs of Blu-Ray goodness to fill, which puts it at half a terabyte. My goodness, that's a lot of space. It's known that he hates CDs, so big WAVs seem like the way, but it seems like he's covered this ground before. And yeah, it ends near Harvest, but really, CSNY to the contrary, it seems like the interesting era for Niel is post-Harvest. Considering how this is really Decade 2, or really Decade 2.0, it makes me wonder why he hit that ground again rather than hitting another part of his career.

Yeah, there are people who would spend $300 to get it. I think I'll just spin Arc again.

No comments: