Saturday, April 25, 2009

Choices

Went to Guitar Parts Now. I put a Fendertm No-Load tone pot, a Fendertm four-way switch, a Switchcraft 1/4" jack and an audio-taper push-pull pot for volume into my cart. $50 before shipping and before capacitors.

Went to Mojo Musical Supply. The whole kit and kaboodle, or rather, just the kit. $30. But that doesn't get me the push-pull pot for the phase reversal. It also doesn't get me the no-load for the tone, which I really want. I mean, come on! Pickups direct to the amp? Who wouldn't want that? This, however, is something I can do something about.

What to do? What to do?

Are you kidding? Right now I go cheap, mod the tone as I feel comfortable, and get myself a push/pull in the fullness of time. Is the phase reversal really that important?

No comments: