Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Question Of Your Honesty

I found this through Slashdot. There's a guy who claims that, through code, he can graph and determine whether or not a track was made with a click track.

I can get both sides. Really. On the one hand, it's easy to work out your whole creative blueprint with a drum machine and guitar, and once a drummer comes in, he messes up your creation with his pounding. No drummer is better than a bad drummer, as a guitarist friend says. And for band practices, why is it always the timekeeper who arrives late? But on the other, you can listen to Tom Petty's "American Girl" and compare it to "Free Fallin'" and know that having a drummer in a box just isn't nearly as good.

I conclusion, I use the words of my friend, Jack Pribek. Save The Drummers!

No comments: