Friday, January 15, 2010

PolyTune: It's what guitars crave!


I want an outboard tuner. The LED for my multieffects is not really bright enough, and the glossy front means I have to be at the right angle. I am frustrated with that. What I want is a pedalboard that has tuner, noise gate and compression as the first three pedals and something that'll act like an amp for the DI box at the end, because for all the bells and whistles of my multi-box, I use the amp simulator, tuner and volume pedal for every sound, and maybe a little delay. There's autowah, phase, flange and lots of other stuff that I just don't use, and if I want an effect, I can't just switch that effect on and off. I want a pedalboard that I can turn what I want on and off while keeping the fundamental tone. I can keep up with what I have for tone, no problem, so the first thing I want is a tuner.

And I thought I wanted a Petersen or a PitchBlack. Now I'm thinking elsewise. This is the TC Electronics PolyTune, just announced at NAMM, which evidently allows you to hit all the strings and it'll tell you where you are. Despite the very "Brawndo" way the TC ad works, it seems like the coolest thing.

2 comments:

patrick said...

It's like a MONSTER TRUCK you can PLUG YOUR GUITAR INTO and DRIVE INTO YOUR EAR!
You'll be able to TUNE so fast that you will WIN at TUNING! Polytune will TUNE your FACE!

Niel Jacoby said...

Do you want to be SO TUNED?

Well you need POWERTUNE! Power for tuning!

Now in GUN!

You'll be UNCOMFORTABLY TUNED!

Power shredding, power bending, power strumming, power switching, power playing NOTES!
You'll play so many notes! 400 NOTES!

You'll play so fast Swissgar Swigelf'll be like, "SLOOOOOOOOOOOWS DOOOOOWN" and you'll be like "NO" and bash him in the face with ENERGY GUITAR!

It's like playing a pony, which doesn't sound all that dangerous, except the pony is 300 FEET TALL and runs on FIGHTING SPIRIT!

SNAAAAAAAKE EEEEEEEYES!