Sunday, January 25, 2009

Isn't this cool?



I've been looking at using my computer to do effects for my guitar. Specifically Max/MSP. I haven't really put it into place yet, because I don't want to burn off my 30-day trial on days when I'm not going to be able to play with it. The number one thing I'm seeing with that is that you would have huge programmed music filters that you'll want to switch between, and you'll have a guitar in your hands and thus you won't have anything available to switch things around. I suppose people making music with laptops are more keyboard people.

The image shows Whitecap visualizer. It's visualizing the output of my multieffects unit plugged into the audio-in plug of my XP box. I think this could be a cool thing, but I'm thinking about the psychedelic Joshua Light Show at the Fillmore. You'd think that someone would make a music visualizer for computer media players that tries to look like the Joshua Light Show. It seems like a no-brainer.

No comments: