Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Too Much LDS At Berkeley.....

So, I was reading this blog about people driving through Chicago too fast. Specifically, "Speeding on LSD" was a phrase that I read.

I thought that meant lysergic acid diethylamide. That struck me as a particularly dumb thing to do, but that doesn't mean people don't do it.

I didn't take it as meaning Lake Shore Drive.

If you read "drivers on LSD", what would your initial reaction be?

Anyway, it seems like an interesting book.

So, I jammed with the keys/drum guy and the other guitarist yesterday (Tuesday). I played bass. Not my instrument, but I want one. I certainly want a Jazz bass, probably a 5-string (not so I can really hit the low B, but more so I can play the E in a slightly more hand-friendly place.

I'm getting better, but it's cool. But there is something missing.

Drums.

Keys, guitar, bass, no drums. And I'm the bass.

Did I mention that the bit they were playing was in some odd time signature? 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2 1-2. That's 13/4 or something, right? I was trying to find the one, trying to hook in. I think Peter Hook of New Order, playing long notes over the tight rhythm of the keys, drums and guitar. I think that style would really work with them.

If I could just fine the One.

No comments: