Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Me Like 4/4

Second song is in waltz time, and it's kinda like
  • one
  • two -la-la-la
  • three
And for several starts, I failed to get that. Instead I did:
  • one
  • two
  • three - la- NO!
Or:
  • one
  • two
  • three - la - la - laaAAARRRGGG!
I don't feel bad. Well, I do, but not too bad. In his Masters of the Telecaster video, Arlen Roth included footage of Danny Gatton in the studio (I think doing "Tequila") and there was a bit where Danny tried over and over again but couldn't quite play what he wanted to. Eventually, they did this on Conan O'Brien:


I am not Danny Gatton. But this song is in Eb and I've played it once before, it's in waltz time not 4/4, while "Tequila" is (I'm fairly sure) in a more guitar-friendly key and I am fairly sure that Danny played that song regularly since it was new, and if he had problems in the studio but nailed it when it counted, what more can I ask?

No comments: